Thanks ... It worked (/Volumes/{name of disk as it appears in the Finder}
)RegardsAbhijeet Original message From:"Nick Zitzmann"< n...@chronosnet.com
>Date: 14 Dec 10 12:38:27Subject: Re: How to read a text file over a networkTo:
Cc: cocoa...@lists.apple.comon Dec 13, 2010, at 10:12 PM, Abhijeet Singh
wrote:> I think the type of server is AFP. Because the file path displayed by
Finder is: afp://PriyankaMac.afpovertcp.tcp.local/shared/file1.txt.> But if i
put the same file path in my file2.txt my program fails to open file1.txt
file.That's most likely because that's an afp: URL, and you need to use file:
URLs with NSURL, etc. Once the disk is mounted, its path will start with
/Volumes/{name of disk as it appears in the Finder} in the general case, but if
a volume with the same name is mounted, then its path will most likely be
slightly different, so you might need to use the DiskArbitration framework in
order to get a good path...Nick ZitzmannGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com
  Email ID now!