Hi everybody –

well, I don't have a precise question but rather a general advice. I need to
draw a path on a CALayer and simultaneously lay out a text along this same path
(that can be made up of straight lines and/or arcs) on another layer
(CATextLayer, presumably). Knowing that the path is computed by reading values
in a database, I'd like to avoid a double reading that costs some time (even if
there is a cache) and seems redundant; therefore, I'd like to know if there is
a sensible way to do this (I guess there is no way to draw on both layers at
once), or if a double read is inevitable…

Thanks!
To all, a happy and prosperous new year.