Raphael, Seth,

> I think a single model instance, storing a parsed path, accessed by both
> layers sounds like the best approach. If you have lots and lots of paths,
> then the memory problem would be secondary to the problem of the time it
> would take to parse them from your DB.
>
> If you have actual figures, we can discuss that too.

Nice, thanks a lot again for your answers. It will take some time before I
actually get there – though it actually impacts my current code right now –, so
I propose to postpone this somewhat abstract thread until I have real figures
to discuss. I shall, at present, move out the drawing code into a delegate,
shove around other routines to prepare for an easy implementation of this, and
go ahead with some basic features that I deem more urgent. Then I'll be back. ;)

Have a nice end of week, and a great new year.