I don't know if this is the correct forum, so please advise if there is a more
suitable one.

I have developed a little program (a screensaver, actually).

When I send it (just the .saver bundle as-is) to some beta testers via email,
everything seems to be fine.

But when I put it in a DMG, some testers (not all) can't install it!
They get the error message "You cannot use the screen saver on this computer.
Contact the developer ..."

I checked and the executable in the DMG is byte-wise the same as the one in the
bundle on my disk.

Does anyone have an idea, what might be going on?

All kinds of insights, tips, and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Gabriel.

PS:
For that it's worth, here is an outline, how I create the DMG:

hdiutil create $dmg_file -megabytes $image_size -volname $volume_name -fs HFS+
-quiet
hdiutil attach $dmg_file -readwrite -noautoopen -mountpoint $mount_point -quiet
cp -R $binary Help_ReadMe_Changelog.rtf LICENSE.html $mount_point
.. copy background image to the DMG
.. set some window attributes, such as size, using osascript
sync
hdiutil detach $mount_point -quiet
hdiutil convert -quiet -format UDBZ -o $dmg_file2 $dmg_file