This sounds like a very interesting project.

For inspiration/an example of something similar, I'd recommend taking a look at
Philippe Mougin's F-Script. ( http://www.fscript.org/ )

Its a scripting system that lets you explore and manipulate cocoa objects
interactively.  It also is a very good learning tool for newcomers to cocoa.