> Also, you should disable screen font substitution via -[NSLayoutManager
> setUsesScreenFont:NO].
>
> This is the main source of glyph advancement differences you're seeing.

Thanks Aki, indeed this has removed the small horizontal offset that was there.

I am however unable to figure out where the small vertical offset comes from.
Using NSLayoutManager's defaultBaselineOffsetForFont method, I have tried
getting the default baseline offset for the text at the max zoom level, and the
baseline offset for the text at the current zoom, then find the difference and
set the NSBaselineOffsetAttributeName attribute accordingly. However, this
approach works at certain zoom levels and not at others!

I've also tried using the same approach for line height, where I interpolate
what the line height should be given the line height at the max zoom level
(with the help of NSLayoutManager's defaultLineHeightForFont method), then set
the minimum and maximum line height of the paragraph style accordingly. At some
zoom levels, this works, but at other zoom levels, this make the vertical
offset even worse.

Could anyone shed some light as to what the issue might be here?