> I hope that there are no issues scaling an NSTextView that is layer-backed
> (either using NSView's scaleUnitSquareToSize method, or the bounds
> manipulation approach that TextEdit uses).

Unfortunately, there seems to be issues with scaling an NSTextView in a
layer-backed hierarchy as well - I am encountering the same, somewhat garbled
drawing of the editor, as mentioned in my previous posts. I'll file a radar
with Apple.

Any suggestions as to how to implement an editable text box in a zoomable, Core
Animation layer-backed or layer-hosted hierarchy, would be much appreciated.