On 30 May 2011, at 22:34, Quincey Morris wrote:

> On May 30, 2011, at 13:45, julius wrote:
>
>> Hilarity and riot.
>
> Glad to have been of service.
>
>> Here is a nice instance that I think quite germane.
>>
>> The input parameter to NSArray's objectAtIndex: is an NSUInteger.
>> Both these code snippets work perfectly (they retrieve element 3).
>>      zStr = [zAry objectAtIndex:3.1];
>> and
>>      CGFloat zF1 = 3.2;
>>      zStr = [zAry objectAtIndex:zF1];
>>
>> I'm sure that by setting the right flags one could get warning messages to
>> appear.
>
> OK, but why are you picking on NSArray?

I was packed and almost out the door.... (off to save sheep in distress off the
Antrim coast).
I'm not picking on anybody.
My question is
Why did Cocoa developers make NSArray count return NSUInteger?

Is it possible for me to be clearer than that?

> Now that we've reduced this to a C issue,

No we have not. You think you have.

> let me try to provoke more hilarity and riot by re-characterizing your
> objection:
>
> -- You want integer calculations in C to be carried out in a unique abstract
> numerical space.

I'm definitely off to the north coast.
Bye.

Julius