On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:12:31 +1000, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> said:
>If I synthesize a property, is it possible to also directly invoke some other
>code when that property is set (other than the usual KVO)? That is, I need to
>do something like:
>

>@synthesize foo;
>

>- (void)               setFoo:(id) newFoo
>{
>      self.foo = newFoo;
>
>     [self doSomethingElseAsWell];
>}
>

>Is this kind of thing possible? It looks to me as if the self.foo = line will
>incur an infinite loop. But if the property is synthesized, to what would I
>assign the new value?

I provide a good (I think) technique for doing this in my book (p. 275, example
12-5 "Overriding synthesized accessors"). You can also download sample code
here:

https://github.com/mattneub/Programming-iOS-4-Book-Examples/tree/master/p275b_overrideSynthesizedAccessors

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!