Hi folks

Le 22 juin 2011 à 08:58, Ken Tozier a écrit :

> I just started using @properties this week, so probably don't understand the
> nuances, but after looking at Matt's sample code, reading the property
> related docs and doing some experimentation, I'm not sure I understand what
> problem he's trying to solve. Is he talking about overriding inherited
> getters/setters?
>
> With my own very limited experience with properties, it seems to be really
> easy to add functionality. Just write the getter/setter yourself. When you go
> to use them, they behave exactly like the auto generated ones re dot syntax,
> and do whatever cool thing you added.
>
> What am I missing?

Yes, I would also like to know what Matt is trying to achieve with all those
machinations that you can't do with a simple ivar in the class and not
bothering to @synthesize. The only time I declare @synthesize and write
getters/setters is when I want either a complex getter or setter but not have
to bother writing the other.

Joanna

--
Joanna Carter