I don’t think it’s the amount of page space, rather the quantity of the
alphabet.

If this is just for an effect for an about screen or soemthing, I’d say your
photoshop idea is the way to go.

Otherwise, I’d suggest the drawing custom app, but even then you’re going to
have issues with making sure that as you put in the ‘lines’ to follow for the
pen that the direction of the animated fill is right (likely at 90 degrees to
the pen position or previous direction). I only know this because it’s an issue
with embroidery software. the alternative is to draw points back and forth on
each side of the each letter for the fill. major tedium.

All this sounds like a lot of work without knowing what the reason is.