I have noticed -setNeedsDisplay seems to breaks contentsGravity like
kCAGravityResizeAspect.
BackBuffer rect seems to control contentsGravity behavior.

- How can I make "kCAGravity compatible" CAOpenGLLayer?

To make contentsGravity property work property , I think CAOpenGLLayer should
keep content as fixed rect.
But layer.contentsRect property seems to be not suitable.
(contentsRect default is unit rect  {0,0,1,1}, not in pixel)

Takashi Mochizuki