On Jul 13, 2011, at 4:06 PM, Takashi Mochizuki wrote:

> I have noticed -setNeedsDisplay seems to breaks contentsGravity like
> kCAGravityResizeAspect.
> BackBuffer rect seems to control contentsGravity behavior.
>
> - How can I make "kCAGravity compatible" CAOpenGLLayer?

The CAOpenGLLayer should respect the contents gravity just like any other
layer, however when you call -setNeedsDisplay or -display on the layer, it will
resize its back buffers to the current size of the layer. Afterwards (and until
you call -setNeedsDisplay or -display again) it will continue to respect the
contents gravity with the "current" size of the back buffer.

> To make contentsGravity property work property , I think CAOpenGLLayer should
> keep content as fixed rect.
> But layer.contentsRect property seems to be not suitable.
> (contentsRect default is unit rect  {0,0,1,1}, not in pixel)

The contentsRect property is for selecting a portion of the existing content as
the full content to be displayed. Setting the contentsRect to any value other
than the default will cause the layer to use a portion of the assigned content
for display, but has no effect on the size of that content (but the content
should be fitted to the layer according to its contentsGravity).

> Takashi Mochizuki
>
> On 2011/07/13, at 0:34, David Duncan wrote:
>
>> On Jul 8, 2011, at 11:33 PM, Takashi Mochizuki wrote:
>>
>>> Default CAOpenGLLayer keeps initial buffer size when addSubLayer: is
>>> called. And it does not update back buffer size even when layer is resized
>>> like:
>>>
>>> 1. addSubLayer to 200x200
>>> 2. resize layer to 400x400

--