On 29/07/2011, at 7:33 AM, Mr. Gecko wrote:

> From my understanding, this should happen when you, for an example, try to
> access the pointer 0x18c95b0 whenever that belongs to another process.

No.

Memory is "virtual", the addresses you appear to be working with are not real
(i.e. they don't refer to the real address of the physical RAM underneath).
Instead, a bit of hardware translates these to the real addresses as needed at
some level far below the perception of your program. You cannot access the
virtual address space of any other process other than your own.

--Graham