On 18 Sep 2011, at 10:13, Quincey Morris wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2011, at 19:59 , Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:
>
>> My app had (before Lion) a Menu Item Save As... which brought up a save
>> panel with a SavePanelAccessory, which contained a PopUpButton with all
>> available stringEncodings.
>>
>> In Lion there is only Save... (which also shows my SavePanelAccessory) for
>> new documents.
>> But after this, there is only Save a Version, which does NOT show a save
>> panel (and thus no SavePanelAccessory).
>>
>> How should I implement the old pre-Lion feature of setting the
>> stringEncoding?
>
> The Lion way is via Duplicate. This creates a new document, and when you save
> it the save panel will be displayed.

No, this is not what I really want.

Think of a file which contains Englisch text, and which has been saved as Ascii
or Mac Roman.
Now I enter some Chinese characters and it has to be saved in Utf-8 or
Simplified Chinese (Mac) etc.
But it should NOT be saved under a new name. Saved in place with version
working as well.

Currently I have implemented File → Set Encoding... which works quite nicely.

Kind regards,

Gerriet.