On Sep 23, 2011, at 2:33 PM, Charles Srstka wrote:

> I maintain that the better solution is for LS to keep both options open in
> the case of a conflict. Instead of guessing one or another, internally
> consider it something like “either public.objective-c-source or
> com.matlab.whatever” and offer the file to any application that accepts
> either with the UTI appropriate for that app.

What you're saying makes sense If you're just talking about filtering documents
in an open panel.  In general, however, LS *does* need to choose, because the
Finder needs to display an icon for the document, and only one app can open the
document when the user double-clicks it.

Best,

__jayson

Circus Ponies NoteBook

Powerful Note Taking and Organizing for the Mac
The Best App for Taking Notes on iPad

www.circusponies.com