On 21 Oct 2011, at 17:23, Nick Zitzmann wrote:

>> 2011-10-21 11:49:49.520 AwesomeApp[35994:707] -[NSPopoverFrame
>> titlebarRect]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1050e7a30
>
> …often happens when an object was deallocated, and then some other object was
> allocated in its place, and then the original object was addressed after it
> was deallocated & something else took its place. Try running your code using
> Instruments' zombies template and then reproducing the problem. If it stops
> due to a zombie access, and the trace shows the problem happened completely
> within the AppKit, then it is a framework bug. Otherwise, your code most
> likely over-released something.

Thanks Nick,

I fired up Zombies and it did not catch anything. I also had a close look at my
code and, not only am I not deallocating anything, the whole view controller
code doesn't even allocate any objects.

Then I had a search on "titlebarRect" and found a cocoa-dev message from August
where the author wrote:

> I'm playing with popover too and noticed a problem when using formatters. If
> there's a validation error, my application crashes when the framework try to
> present a sheet displaying the error.
>
> -[NSPopoverFrame titlebarRect]: unrecognized selector sent to instance
> 0x102075780
>
> Of course, popovers don't have titlebars…

Time to fire up the bug reporter I guess…

-António

And you would accept the seasons of your
heart, even as you have always accepted
the seasons that pass over your field.

--Kahlil Gibran