On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Greg Parker <gpar...@apple.com> wrote:
> This is not a safe pattern in a multi-threaded application. You may be
> checking for failed allocations and responding correctly, but to a close
> approximation no code anywhere else does so. For example, objc_msgSend
> sometimes needs to allocate memory, and has no way to recover if it cannot.
> If some other thread were working at the same time you caused allocation
> failures, then that thread is likely to crash.

At this point in my application there is only one thread.

Also I'm pretty sure the iOS memory allocator is multithreaded, and
that Apple's code would be good about checking for runtime failures.
If it does not, then that is a bug in the iOS.

--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
Dulcinea Technologies Corporation