They have not bumped the appkit version number in 10.6 (see NSApplication.h),
and in previous releases, the number was just bumped by a decimal, so the
floor() call handles that. As far as I am aware, this comparison should be
correct.

e.g.
#define NSAppKitVersionNumber10_5 949
#define NSAppKitVersionNumber10_5_2 949.27
#define NSAppKitVersionNumber10_5_3 949.33
#define NSAppKitVersionNumber10_6 1038

Regards

Gideon