The docs say:

> @property(nonatomic, readonly) UIViewController *presentingViewController
> Discussion
> The default implementation of this property walks up the view hierarchy,
> starting from this view controller. The first view controller it finds that
> received the presentViewController:animated:completion: method, or that has
> its definesPresentationContext property set to YES is returned as the value
> of the property. It keeps walking up the hierarchy until it finds a value to
> return or it gets to the root view controller.

Oh, yeah? Watch this:

    self.definesPresentationContext = YES;
    self.parentViewController.definesPresentationContext = YES;
    NSLog(@"%i %i", self.definesPresentationContext,
        self.parentViewController.definesPresentationContext);
    // 1 1
    NSLog(@"%@", self.presentingViewController);
    // null

So both self and its parent do in fact have their definesPresentationContext
property set to YES, and yet neither is being returned as the value of the
property. I rest my case. Maybe the docs are talking here about some very
specific situation where what's claimed is correct, but then they should say
what that situation is. I've been looking for it all day and haven't found
it... m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Among the 2007 MacTech Top 25, http://tinyurl.com/2rh4pf