On Dec 24, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Matt Neuburg <m...@tidbits.com> wrote:

> I don't see how this has to do with UIStoryboard. It's about the stated
> effect of definesPresentationContext on presentingViewController. I do now
> understand what's really going on with that, I think, and I state my
> understand in the iOS 5 revision of Chapter 19 of my book:
>
> https://plus.google.com/115941336284685245715/posts/4rVkXjS5ME5

I'm under the impression that the default segues consult the
definesPresentationContext property to configure the actual animation. I could
of course be mistaken.

I was unaware that you were offering the draft of your book for free. Thanks
very much for the link.

Your use of the Music app as an example of view controller presentation puzzles
me, though. In my app, I was trying to use the definesPresentationContext
property to cause a "push" transition to affect just a view inside a tab bar
item inside a navigation controller. Instead, no matter what I tried, the
entire root view controller (the navigation controller) was always replaced. Is
this because I was on the iPhone? Your book seems to imply that
UIModalPresentationCurrentContext is only meaningful on the iPad since the root
view controller is always the presentingViewController.