On 04/04/2012, at 11:49 AM, James Maxwell wrote:

> Ah, found it in DrawKit -- DKViewController, [view stopAutoScrolling].
> Thanks Graham! ;-)
>
> (weird that I didn't need this beforeā€¦)
>
> J.

Autoscrolling is performed by a timer, so that it happens smoothly as long as
the mouse is at the edges of the scroll view. When the mouse goes down, the
timer starts,and when the mouse goes up, it stops.

If you have swallowed the mouse-up, you need to stop the timer yourself, or
scrolling will continue when the mouse is outside of the view, even though
you're not dragging. -stopAutoScrolling will do that.

One reason you may have swallowed the mouseUp is that you implemented your own
event loop called from mouseDown. If you do this, you might need to be careful
about cleaning up after yourself, because DK does not generally expect (or
need) you to do that. However, it does do this itself when creating new path
objects, so it's not unheard of. One way I deal with this is to post a fake
mouseUp when I'm done, then the normal processing takes care of the standard
clean-up.

--Graham