And IIRC from the plaques on the walls all over Moscone West, that capacity is around 5,200 people including the Apple support staff.

Also, back in the day when there was overlap between JavaOne and WWDC, to confirm what Mark Gerl mentions below, I recall banners for JavaOne advertising it being over in Moscone North and/or Moscone South along with lots of JavaOne attendees mingling around while we were attending WWDC.

Reality Artisans, Inc.             #   Network Wrangling and Delousing
P.O. Box 565, Gracie Station       #   Apple Certified Consultant
New York, NY 10028-0019            #   Apple Consultants Network member
<http://www.realityartisans.com>    #   Apple Developer Connection member
(212) 369-4876 (Voice)             #   My PGP public key can be found
at<https://keyserver.pgp.com>