On 1 May 2012, at 20:46, Wade Tregaskis wrote:

> Actually, there are a lot of commercial developers who hard-code their entire
> UIs.  I'm at something of a loss to see why myself, but they do it, and they
> swear it's the best way.  Ironically, one of the reasons often given is
> "easier internationalisation" vs xibs.

I use xibs of course but I quite often apply my bindings in code for more
complex views.
I find it much easier to track down bindings' issues in code than through the
Xcode GUI.

I think that knowing how to do things in code such as establish a window,
configure a view hierarchy and establish target/action relationships are
primary knowledge even if they are not a primary means of implementation.

Jonathan Mitchell