On 2012-08-13, at 3:40 PM, Greg Parker wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2012, at 6:16 PM, Jayson Adams <jay...@circusponies.com> wrote:
>> What I have been ranting and raving about is the fact that the 64-bit
>> porting guide currently states that you may not want to move to 64-bit.
>> That is the official advice any straggler developer will see right at this
>> moment when they consult that document.

> You're right, that documentation is out of date with respect to our current
> recommendations.
> You should file a bug report for the benefit of any straggler developers out
> there.

>> And no, I am not going to file a bug on it.
> Oh.

I agree it's our responsibility to file bug reports even if they get marked as
dup.
And I always do that for bugs I find, even if they turn out to be fixed in
later releases.

However I just tried to do a search on bugs that have been filed  by others on
a particular issue.
But I was not able to find such a search tool although I could search for ones
submitted by me.

If I was a straggler where would I go to do the search? Or what is the
mechanism for stragglers?
(Other than the obvious one of  subscribing to the lists, assuming I know about
them,
which I ought to as a developer.)

Is there some sort of DB with the bug titles that at least gives the gist of
issues?
Of course omitting sensitive ones related to security and the like.

Presumably it would be at least full time job and a half to work through the
bugs that are filed
each day and determine which could be permitted to be added to such a DB if it
even existed.

Just musing about the issue Jayson has raised.