Le 12 août 2012 à 03:16, Jayson Adams <jay...@circusponies.com> a écrit :

> On Aug 11, 2012, at 4:51 PM, Graham Cox wrote:
>
>> On 12/08/2012, at 4:18 AM, Jayson Adams <jay...@circusponies.com> wrote:
>>
>>> the porting guide currently states, which is that you may not want to move
>>> to 64-bit
>>

>> What's so hard about moving to 64-bit anyway? The time you've wasted ranting
>> and raving about it, you could have had it running by now.
>
> Poor reading skills are keeping this thread alive.  No, I have not been
> saying anything related to whatever work I may or may not have that's related
> to 64-bit porting.  What I have been ranting and raving about is the fact
> that the 64-bit porting guide currently states that you may not want to move
> to 64-bit.
> That is the official advice any straggler developer will see right at this
> moment when they consult that document.  If Apple decides to just up-and-drop
> 32-bit support, anyone relying on this official bit of Apple documentation,
> as it currently stands, between now and then will be screwed.  If Apple is
> considering dropping 32-bit support they need to change this piece of
> documentation.  And no, I am not going to file a bug on it.

While this document say that, other documents stat clearly that you should move
off Carbon, QuickTime, QuickDraw and other deprecated technologies ASAP.
If you have blindly follow Apple documentation advices, your project should use
only technologies supported by 64 bit frameworks, and transiting your project
to 64 bits should be easy.
So if Apple decide to drop 64 bit, (and if you are a developer you will  know
it before it appends, thanks to the OS beta), recompiling your project for 64
bits should not be an issue (except if you have a lot of assembly).

-- Jean-Daniel