What is the best the data source for a table view in a document window?  The
candidates areā€¦

(1)  Category of the document.  This is the way it is done in the
WithoutBindings ("With and Without Bindings") Apple sample code.  But it seems
like too much "view-ish" code in the data model, particularly when my document
class is also used in a GUI-less command-line tool, which has no need for this
code.

(2)  Separate, standalone object.  Fancy housekeeping is needed to avoid retain
cycles, and crashes in corner cases as the document window is closing.

(3)  Category of the window controller.  Probably not a bad choice, except that
my window controller for this multi-tabbed window is already huge.

(4)  Category of the table view itself, assuming that it is subclassed.  Seems
like a logical division.  No worrying about whether table view or its data
source gets deallocced first.  Access the document via [[[self window]
windowController] document].

* * *

I've used (2) but think I'm going to switch to (4).  Any important
considerations I've overlooked?

Thanks,

Jerry