On Thu, Sep 6, 2012, at 03:27 PM, Georg Seifert wrote:
> I actually used autosave in place but my users did not like it at all. If
> you have to open a lot files all the time just to check something, you do
> not like that any mouse click might change your document and you are not
> asked if you what to keep it.

I don't think you're going to have much of a choice soon. Opting in to
+autosavesInPlace doesn't seem like it's there so you can decide whether
to adopt it based on user feedback; it's there so you can fix bugs it
might introduce in your saving path before you release
autosaves-in-place to your users.

The experience on 10.8 is superior to that on 10.7.

--Kyle Sluder