Jean,

 I think your problem isn't the table, but that you're mixing up bindings and
outlets. To connect an outlet, simply Control-Drag and hook it up. Use the
little icons at the top of the inspector pane to switch to "Connections
Inspector", which shows the list of all outlets, actions, bindings etc. and see
it worked.

 They're all connections, but the stuff in the Bindings Inspector that you are
describing is not for IBOutlets. Outlets are specific object properties that
point to objects in your XIB. Bindings are relationships that pass values
between an object in your XIB and a (pretty much arbitrary) property of the
object you bind to.

Now the object you bind to *can* be another object in your XIB, but it can also
be the application, or the user defaults singleton, or an object referenced by
one of the objects in your XIB (like the current selected object in your table
view).

I know this stuff is similar, you'll just have to learn more about these two
things to know how to tell them apart.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.masters-of-the-void.com