Le 5 nov. 2012 à 18:56, Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> a écrit :

> Continuing.  In here…
>
> http://opensource.apple.com/source/libdispatch/libdispatch-228.18/os/object.h
>
> I find a maze of #define compiler directives which affect
> OS_OBJECT_USE_OBJC_RETAIN_RELEASE, and also there is a comment which implies
> that maybe I should add compiler flag -DOS_OBJECT_USE_OBJC=0 to the file
> which invokes xpc_release().  Indeed, doing so fixes the error.
>
> But I don't fully understand what the effect is.  Also, my little project
> does not have that flag, neither as an option in the relevant source file,
> nor anywhere in Build Settings.  It builds fine without it.
>
> Any clues to the intended usage of this OS_OBJECT_USE_OBJC_RETAIN_RELEASE and
> OS_OBJECT_USE_OBJC would be appreciated.

From the Xcode 4.4 release notes:

GCD and XPC objects support Automated Reference Counting (ARC) in Objective-C.
Using GCD and XPC with ARC requires a minimum deployment target of OS X10.8 and
is disabled when building with Garbage Collection or for 32-bit Intel. It can
be manually disabled by adding OS_OBJECT_USE_OBJC=0 to the "PreprocessorMacros"
build setting in Xcode.

> Thanks again,
>
> Jerry

> This email sent to devli...@shadowlab.org