The problem with the Apple Forums is that you get people who are on a power
trip there more often than you have here. The really nice part of the Apple
Forums is sometimes you actually get engineers who answer questions there.

I also sense that this list is far more technically minded whereas the Apple
Forums tend to have a lot more people asking inane questions that crowd out the
more advanced technical ones here.

Years before iOS's SDK was released which finally let me develop for Apple's
platform again (prior to that was OS 7/8 back in the ninetees), I spent a year
lurking on this list which actually taught me a lot about Objective-C that I
never saw discussed in any book, class, or other reading material.

Personally I'd prefer this list to continue to exist alongside Apple's Dev
Forums.