On 2012 Nov 08, at 08:59, Jean-Daniel Dupas <devli...@shadowlab.org> wrote:

> Assuming you are targeting 10.8, yes you should remove all xpc_retain/release
> and dispatch_retain/release calls.

Nope.  Targeting 10.6+.

So then I guess I should stick with the alternative of using xpc_release() and
compiling with flag -DOS_OBJECT_USE_OBJC=0.

I think I should file a bug that these conditions for using or not
xpc_release() are not documented.  I think the documentation should be in xpc.h
and/or "Transitioning to ARC Release Notes".  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Jerry