On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:44 AM, Amy Gibbs wrote:

> i've got a section of code that worked perfectly in 10.5. It doesn't in 10.8
> and I can't see why. It's not too complicated, it basically takes a selection
> of images and combines them into a single image and saves it to a couple of
> locations. Can anyone point out the problem to me please?

The code snippet is hard to interpret because it's apparently incomplete.  For
example, there are mismatched braces, etc.

It also seems like you lock focus on the image multiple times but only unlock
it once.

In any case, you should always read the release notes for the frameworks.
Especially when it comes to image manipulation, you should read the Snow
Leopard AppKit release notes.  They are really illuminating.
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/releasenotes/Cocoa/AppKitOlderNotes.html#X10_6Notes
 (search for "impedance matching" and keep reading through all of the NSImage
and NSBitmapImageRep sections)

Regards,
Ken