It looks like the issue may be the
[img drawInRect:NSMakeRect(x,y,xb,yb) fromRect:NSMakeRect(0,0,0,0)
operation:NSCompositeCopy fraction:1];

should be
[img drawInRect:NSMakeRect(x,y,xb,yb) fromRect:NSMakeRect(0,0,0,0)
operation:NSCompositeSourceOver fraction:1];

I'm trying to check that some images are there but Xcode keeps crashing when I
try to access the data model, any version, in either 4.5 or 3.2 I get the
following error

Uncaught Exception:
*** -[__NSArrayI objectAtIndex:]: index 0 beyond bounds for empty array

Stack Backtrace:
The stack backtrace has been logged to the console.

The app was originally written in Xcode 3.2 on OS10.5

Many Thanks

Amy