Can you point to a screen shot of what your desired effect is, and one that
looks like what you're seeing now?

If you want something _exactly_ like the Calendar app
(http://i.imgur.com/4LG3qU0.png) and that is not what you're getting, you need
to populate the popover with a UINavigationController that contains the view
you want to present.
It sounds like right now what you're doing is dropping in a UINavigationBar as
just another subview of your VC's view, which will not get you the behavior you
want.