Hi,

I'm working on an update to a Core-Data document app, and have a new version of
the document model.  I've got automatic migration (with a mapping model) of
documents in the old format working fine when the app is run without
sandboxing.  However, when running in the sandbox, migration fails at the end
when the migrated data is prevented from being written to disk by the sandbox.
sandboxd gives this message on the console:

deny file-write-create /Users/jimmcgowan/Desktop/.AGPS
Examples.rtd.migrationdestination_41b5a6b5c6e848c462a8480cd24caef3

And my app gives out:

CoreData: error: (migration) migration failed with error Error
Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=134110 "An error occured during persistent store
migration." UserInfo=0x1006ab1b0 {NSUnderlyingError=0x100693de0 "The file
couldn’t be saved.", reason=Can't add destination store}
Error User Info: {
    NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=512 \"The file
couldn\U2019t be saved.\" UserInfo=0x100642d80 {NSUnderlyingException=Error
validating url for store}";
    reason = "Can't add destination store";
}
Underlying error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=512 "The file couldn’t
be saved." UserInfo=0x100642d80 {NSUnderlyingException=Error validating url for
store}
Error User Info: {
    NSUnderlyingException = "Error validating url for store";
}

I've spent a day looking into this and Googling around, but there doesn't seem
to be much information out there.  I've found a couple of posts with others
encountering this problem, but the solutions are either to use the temporary
entitlement for absolute-path.read-write or to hijack the migration process to
display a save dialogue to get user permission for the destination URL.
Neither of these are appropriate as the former will most likely mean MAS
rejection, and the later creates a confusing user experience (opening a
document shouldn't immediately present a save dialogue).

Has anyone else run into this?  Any suggestions for a better workaround?

Thanks,

Jim