I ran into this few years ago and didn't find correct solution. Correct means
nice & clean. Ended with adding 1/2 of line height, which causes another issues
like wrong vertical alignment of elements. It was pre NSAttributedString era on
iOS. Height was wrong even if returned width <= constrained width.

Did spend on this couple of weeks and finally gave up.