Yep, I saw it as well. But IIRC it was in rare occasions. Rare in my point of
view, because we do use "normal" alphabet. the problem was in special
characters, emoji, symbols, ... In these times I tried every possible
combination/available method/property/calculation/... without success. Also
tried 3rd party labels, later I tried DTCoreText from Cocoanetics with the same
output - wrong height. I also asked Apple engineers and then I gave up. Not
sure, but I did suspect them that they use private API or dunno what, because
their apps didn't have problems.

I'm pretty happy with attributed string and auto layout for now. It's enough
for almost all needs and I'm glad that I'm not forced to dive into this "mess"
again.