On 18 May 2013, at 03:21, Harmony Neil <harmony.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hellow,
> I've been working through a couple of tutorials and managed to make a text
> field and things just fine.  The thing I'm wondering is how do I go about
> naming the textField what I want to call it, like textField1 or for example
> rather than just textField?  Also, how do I make more than 1 textField?  I
> would just use the same code as for the first one and change the y
> co-ordinate, but then I would still want to call them all something other
> than textField.
> I'm using the objective c language and hate using the storyboard and
> interface builder.  If I'm going to code something, I'll write the code by
> hand.  I tried posting on the objc language list, but the only person who
> replied seemed to think it was too beginner level and that I was posting on
> the wrong list.  If no one on here can help me rather than insist on
> suggesting stupid books, I don't really know where else to ask, since I'm not
> getting a lot of luck on google's search results.
> Thanks,
> Harmony.

Hi Harmony,

I'd really very strongly suggest that you just use Interface Builder.  Your
user interface is essentially data, not code.  I doubt (and hope) very much
that you don't write code to fill up a buffer with image data at runtime,
rather than storing images in data files.  The same logic applies to your UI –
store your archived objects in a nib file, and use IB to edit them.

Thanks

Tom Davie