Hi!

You’re right to point that CFtypes exist: I often overlook these and that’s
stupid of me.

> Why? What's wrong with a simple array?

Nothing. Well, at first, I was looking for a self expanding array, given that I
didn’t know the size beforehand.

> (Or, I would argue, though it's not a popular strategy, what's wrong with
> std::vector?)

Oh, just that since I moved from plain BSD/Qt3 to MacOS/Cocoa, I swore not to
write any line of C++ ever again. But that’s just a personal commitment ;)

> Now if you really want speed, stop converting from text to floats, convert
> the file to a binary format containing floats before your users have to load
> it.

That’s what I plan for the next step: I’ll try to set up an automatic
translation from the ascii file as part of the build process. But I must admit
while I am pretty familiar with Makefiles, I have still to figure out how to do
that with Xcode (I suppose it’s not a hard task, it’s just that I hadn’t time
to slog on that).

Have a nice Sunday,
Vincent