Hi Quincey,

>> The Library Directory Stores App-Specific Files
>>
>> Application Support
>>
>> All content in this directory should be placed in a custom subdirectory
>> whose name is that of your app’s bundle identifier or your company.
>
> My vague recollection is that it used to say something like "or your app
> name" too. A similar description here:
>

> https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/FileSystemProgrammingGUide/MacOSXDirectories/MacOSXDirectories.html

I've wondered about why Mac apps put their app's name on their folders in the
directories "Application Support".  It seems to me that this is just asking for
problems and isn't localizable.

I noticed that in Lion and Mountain Lion that the directory ~/Library is now
invisible by default.  Maybe Apple is starting to say that the folders within
this folder such as "Application Support"  aren't for "human consumption"
anymore.

-- Kaydell
kaydell.leav...@icloud.com
http://learnbymac.com