I sometimes just access my objc-objects from a C thread-proc via the
AppDelegate (providing there's a trail to the object I need, which there
usually is)... If the callback void pointer parameter isn't being used for
something else, you can simply cast the object in there... or if you need
multiple parameters you can create a struct that stores what you need and
pass that. Not sure if this helps but figured I'd mention it.

AppDelegate *d = [[UIApplication sharedApplication] delegate];