>> The first is Apple's explicit permissions policy since iOS 6 (so 5 still
>> works but 5 is a small installed base now). You have to ask permission the
>> first time and permission can be revoked by the user randomly on the setup
>> screen later. I don't honestly recall the details of how you keep track of
>> your current state so you can enable/disable buttons or put up a sheet
>> asking the user to turn it back on again (once they turn it off, going to
>> setup is the only way to put it back).
>

> You don't have to keep track of it, you just need to requestAccess in your
> App (as many times as you like), if the App already has permission you get
> "Granted" status, otherwise it puts up a dialog asking the User if its ok and
> you get back "Granted" if they allowed. Until you get "Granted" Status, any
> of the other API calls will return an error.

Hmm - and I thought that once the user said "No" and denied access, then
requestAccess would just return No instantly without putting up the dialog box
again until you went to settings. ie I thought there were 3 states, Yes, No and
Don't Know and the dialog box would only pop up for 'Don't know'. I'll go test
that again, haven't done it in ages.