Hi All,

This had reared it's ugly head again! I have been asked to add an event to the
Calendar WITHOUT asking the user for permission as the Standard Manner. I
basically said it couldn't be done based on feedback from here. However, I've
was today shown this (See link below) and asked "if they can do it, why can't
you?".

http://m.gunwharf-quays.com/whats-on/policing-through-ages

If you open the above link on an iPhone and then click the Add to Calendar
button, you will that it appears to add an event to the calendar WITHOUT asking
the user for permission! How does it manage to do it? I thought that the OS
would intercept any Calendar access calls and show the Alert Box and ask the
user for permission to access the Calendar, but this doesn't seem to be the
case here. Is this because it's being run in Safari? Can I get the same
behaviour from an iOS Native App?

Confused now!

All the Best
Dave