Some of us like it. I admit it took a few weeks to get used to it, but once I
did I really like it. So how did I deal with it? I embraced it.

On Sep 24, 2013, at 2:22 PM, Gordon Apple <g...@ed4u.com> wrote:

> I really don¹t like to do posts like this, but I think it is warranted.  My
> motivation is to find out how others are coping with this.  Admittedly, I¹m
> late to the party, only upgrading after the release.  There were only a few
> features I thought I might add in my iPad apps for iOS7, so I just let it
> slide.  Now, I¹m looking at issues I thought would never be a problem.
>
> iOS7 has a lot of great stuff, especially at its core.  However, its UI is
> downright fugly, especially standard controls.  There is always some
> consternation about change, but that is not what this is about.  Usability
> is a strong component.  Sliders look terrible, Segmented controls look like
> something a 5-yr-old might draw.  The original B&W Mac did better.  Pickers
> are downright unusable. No borders and you can¹t even see a division between
> columns. Scrollable views don¹t give any indication that they are
> scrollable.   If popovers don¹t have enough color contrast, you¹d never know
> they were there (no borders).  Also, a lot of apps are having issues with
> handling the status bar.  Some of this might work on an iPhone, but just
> doesn¹t look good on an iPad.  IMHO, if this is Joe Ivy¹s doing, he should
> get the same treatment as the guy at MS that was responsible for Windows 8.
> This all seems to be going the wrong direction.
>
> I¹ve started at least embedding pickers and tables in bordered views. Not
> ideal, but better than nothing. I¹m thinking about abandoning segmented
> controls for a bordered view containing buttons.  Other than doing a whole
> slew of custom controls, how are others dealing with these issues?
>
> This email sent to a...@webis.net

Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc.

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is a permanent attitude."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King