> On Nov 25, 2013, at 6:33 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 25, 2013, at 18:16 , Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
>>
>> Use an custom container view controller, and watch the WWDC videos on view
>> controller containment to learn why this is the right thing to do.
>
> Can I put an unsubclasses UITableViewController in there, and let my
> container VC be the dataSource and delegate?

Sure, you could, but why? Then your container VC has to reach in to your table
view controller and point its table view at itself.

Why not just do the sensible thing and make the container VC responsible for
managing the bar and positioning of the table view relative to it, leaving the
management of the table view itself to the child table view controller?

If you have other objects that need to access the table view controller, it is
not hard to expose it as a public property of your container VC.

--Kyle Sluder