On Nov 25, 2013, at 21:16 , Luther Baker <lutherba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the UITableViewController provide something more I'm not seeing?

Yes. Support for static (and probably dynamic) cells.

I'm implementing this using view controller containment, but it's
extraordinarily cumbersome. First, the non-scrolling view I want to display is
fairly tightly coupled to the state of the content of the table view.

Second, in one place I have a push segue from a dynamic table view cell to this
container. In that push, I want to set a model object on the embedded TVC, but
I can't get at it (the container's childViewControllers is empty at the time of
the push).

All this because UITVC insists that its table view also be its root view, and
there's no good reason for that.

--
Rick