On 21 Jan 2014, at 21:24, Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> wrote:

> On 2014 Jan 21, at 09:02, Mike Abdullah <mabdul...@karelia.com> wrote:
>
>> If it helps, I maintain https://github.com/karelia/BSManagedDocument as a
>> nice way to have a package-based document using Core Data.
>
> Thank you, Mike.  Now I have two reasons to start using BSManagedDocument :)
>
> Also, I have now confirmed the bug with a sample project and filed it, see
> below.

Thanks Jerry.

Sadly yes, some sort of migration would be required if you weren’t using a
package-based format to start with (if you were, there’s a decent variety of
hooks available in BSManagedDocument to customise it to match your existing
layout).

Presently BSManagedDocument is set up to configure Core Data to use the
old-style journal (as I still support 10.6). However, the more I read on the
subject, the more I wonder if this is worth it. Since the actual persistent
store is kept safely hidden from the user inside of the package, is there
actually any harm in using the new style journal, does anybody know?