…actually, I will respond to this one last issue, as this was a legit technical
suggestion. We actually looked into this route of detecting screenshots when
they are done, but we shied away from doing this, for a couple of reasons:

- It appeared there would be other kinds of headaches that would arise, such as
conflicting with things like Dropbox and other apps which performed automated
importing of images.

- Contrary to the direction the discussion in this thread ended up skewing, we
do not desire to muck with anything in the system. We want a contained
environment for our app only when it runs which affects only the presentation
of its runtime, and once the app is exited, everything is as-is before the app
was launched. We’d like to not to change system settings or anything like that
— case and point: we don’t kill running apps which would help a user to cheat
on a test (like web browsers), we just capture displays and present full-screen
in front of all other apps. We aren’t really opposed to any particular service
or app running, we just don’t want it to be affect our app or delivered content.

Likewise, we preferably wouldn’t even really need to block Airplay or remote
desktop, we just don’t want our app window visible on remote systems if those
are launched (which appears to be possible with private API, which we don’t
want to use).

If I could engineer an ideal solution, whether it be dealing with screenshot
hotkeys, or having your app’s window content included / not included on Airplay
/ remote desktop transmission, it would be a scenario where:

- There would be no need to affect *any* system-wide settings.
- An app could merely opt-in/opt-out for its content/windows to be included /
excluded in screenshots, Airplay, remote desktop, etc.

Pretty simple…just a way for an app to say “hey, don’t include me in those
things”.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion…that’s out-of-the-box thinking…. :-)

Brad