I'm having a heck of a time setting the tint color for a navigation bar. I
can't set it in IB (my controller is contained in a UINavigationController,
which is embedded in another custom controller). I can't set the tint bar
directly when the root navigation controller is embedded in its container, and
I can't set it via the contained controller in its viewDidLoad.

I've also tried setting the tintColor on the window at startup, and I've tried
setting the UINavigationBar appearance's tint color. None seems to have an
effect.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

--